Doan casts doubt on Freiburg, who are looking to exact revenge on Christopher Nkunku and RB Leipzig in Saturday’s crucial league game (kick-off: 3:30pm, CEST).
Click here for a live blog of Freiburg vs. Leipzig!
Doğan and Freiburg were expected to face RB Leipzig in the DFB-Pokal semi-final on Tuesday, but all hopes were dashed at half-time following a 5-1 defeat. Freiburg were four points behind at that stage and the Black Forest club decided to make amends in this rematch. The home team started in fourth place, two points ahead of the fifth-placed visitors. It was a crucial encounter for a top-four finish and a race for his Champions League qualification for next season. Doğan’s five goals and four assists are justification for why Freiburg are still looking for him, but Christian Streich may have to sit out this weekend’s squad for Japan following a midweek knee injury. no. If he fails, Roland Salai will take his place. Top scorer Vincenzo Griffo, who came on in just 20 minutes to turn things around on Tuesday, is likely to qualify for a starting spot. long absence.
Nkunku was on the scoresheet on Tuesday as he was against the same opponents in last season’s cup final. As such, the French attacker is in fine form with just four league games remaining this season. Dani Olmo, who scored a goal and provided three assists for Leipzig on his first visit to Freiburg this week, is also in fine form. The midfielder missed the cup game with a minor muscle injury, but Leipzig boss Mark Rose has since said he is unlikely to miss any further games. Playing alongside Konrad Leimer, but without Kample. Meanwhile, another midfielder – Austrian Xaver Schlager – is on the verge of returning from injury.
bell: Christopher Nkunku – Coming Back Strongly
- Griffo has scored nine of his team-leading 13 goals at home this season. However, he kept a clean sheet in four games.
- Freiburg have lost five of their six meetings with teams currently in the top five this season. The only exception was the 15th game against Union Berlin, where he won 4-1.
- Streich scored a league-leading 19 set-piece goals. Leipzig is next in 15th.
- Nkunku has seven goals (two goals and five assists) in seven Bundesliga appearances against Freiburg. In November, he scored in a 3-1 home win over RB Leipzig.
- Timo Werner has scored 10 goals in his last 12 Bundesliga games against Freiburg. He has more against Mainz (13).
- Leipzig have lost three of Freiburg’s six Bundesliga games (2-1). Against Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund (both four times), they have lost only on the road.
Win Fantasy Team Nkunku for $17.3 million!
Freiburg im Breisgau: Flekken – Kübler, Ginter, Lienhart, Günter (c) – Eggestein, Höfler – Sallai, Höler, Grifo – Gregoritsch
external: Kyereh (cruciate ligament), Gulde (thigh)
I doubt it: Doan (knee)
coach: Christian Streich
Leipzig: Blaswich-Henrichs, Orban (c), Guardiol-Halstenberg, Laimer, Haidara, Szoboszlai-Szoboszlai-Nkunku, Werner, Olmo
external: Galachi (knee)
I doubt it: Kanpur (muscle)
coach: Mark Ross
#Freiburg #Leipzig #team #predictions #match #stats #LIVE #blog