How is your marriage? Are you tired of it? Do you feel your husband is difficult? Do you feel your wife is stubborn? there are 3 strong steps everyone in a hurting marriage may take…no.3 is very hot. Are you thinking of divorce? NO! Don’t do it.
Divorce is a foolish solution to a difficult problem and when you give a foolish solution to a difficult problem, you are creating a bigger problem for yourself.
Don’t kill your marriage; fight for it. DON’T BE A COWARD. Wait and fight for that marriage. No retreat, No surrender. Forward Ever, Backward Never. Don’t ever think you will have peace of mind once you divorce. It is not always like that. Loneliness is waiting for you out there. Do not be foolish. You can’t be wiser than God who said:
“Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow, but woe to him that is alone when he falleth-for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together then they have heat, but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him, and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Do not break that marriage; do not destroy it. It can still work. There can still be laughter in it.
Where do you go from here? If you divorce, what is the next step you will likely take?
(1) You may decide not to marry again and live the rest of your life in loneliness. Even if you have the custody of your children now, they will soon get married and leave you to a lonely life. What an awful share!
(2) You may decide you will re-marry. Experts say: first marriages have a 20% possibility of breaking; second marriages 78% and third marriages 94%. The possibility that your next marriage will last is very slim. If you have not learnt to endure and be patient in your first marriage, you will carry this spirit everywhere. Also, the possibility of marrying someone worse than your present spouse is very high. A man divorced his wife because she was dirty and difficult. He went to marry another woman who was later discovered to be a drug addict and criminal. Can you imagine?
(3) Why not try this third step-Reconciliation: This is the best step you can take for your marriage and for the future of your Children. Seek a solution to your marriage issue.You need a change of heart, not a change of spouse.
Do you even know that re-marrying is not biblical? (I Cor. 7:10-11) Therefore, stick to your spouse. Be patient, pray, adjust and live for God. It will soon be over; shouts of joy will soon be heard in the tabernacle of the righteous. Marriage is for life. Whatsoever God has joined together, let no man or woman put asunder.
LET US PRAY
1. Father, thank you for your investment in my marriage
2. The power that wants me to quit my marriage, you have failed in Jesus name.
3. I receive inner strength to fight for my marriage in Jesus name.
4. I will hold on to my marriage in Jesus name.
5. Endtime destroyers of marriage, my marriage is not your candidate in Jesus name.
6. In this marriage, my spouse will not pack out of our matrimonial home in Jesus name.
7. Father, don’t permit me to marry twice in Jesus name.
8. O Lord, give me wisdom and knowledge to be a better spouse in Jesus name
9. O Lord, teach me how to handle my marriage rightly in Jesus name
10. Father, renew your honey in my marriage daily in Jesus name